Dronut® X1 from the Boston-based startup Cleo Robotics is a bi-rotor drone designed especially for environments where GPS fails to work.
The main application of this drone is operating in difficult environments where the existing drones have challenges to operate in.
- bi-rotor instead of four!
- high maneuverability
- can live stream high-definition video
- can collect LiDAR data in ultra confined spaces and challenging environments
- can fly safely near people and around sensitive equipment
- little to no training is needed due to its autonomy suite
- it can operate at the max speed of 4 m/s
- 12 mins of flight time
- 40 mins of battery time
- Sensors used:
- 4k camera
- 3D LiDAR
- Global shutter camera
Watch the robot in action in the following video:
If you enjoyed this post, please consider contributing to help us with our mission to make robotics and mechatronics available for everyone. We deeply thank you for your generous contribution!
Do not forget to contact us:
Be sure to let us know your thoughts and questions about this post, as well as the other posts on the website. You can either contact us through the “Contact” tab on the website or email us at support[at]mecharithm.com.
Send us your work/ research on Robotics and Mechatronics to have a chance to get featured in Mecharithm’s Robotics News/ Learning.
Follow Mecharithm in the following social media too: