Guardian® XO® from Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation is a full-body powered exoskeleton designed to augment human strength and at the same time utilizes the intelligence, instinct, and judgment of humans, making it a perfect example for human-robot interaction.
The applications of this robot designed to enhance worker safety and efficiency can be vast; from Oil & Gas industries to Construction to Automotive to Military & Defense are just some of the potential applications.
- 24 Degrees of Freedom (DOFs)
- battery-powered (enables mobile usage)
- enables the operator to lift up to 200 lbs
- the powered-design offloads 100% of the weight of the exoskeleton during use
- features gravity and inertia compensation
- the control system provides fall-prevention motions to the operator like stumble-recovery
Thanks for reading this post. You can access more categorized news on Robotics and Mechatronics at the link below:
If you enjoyed this post, please consider contributing to help us with the website’s running costs and keep making awesome content for you. We deeply thank you for your generous contribution!
Do not forget to contact us:
Be sure to let us know your thoughts and questions about this post, as well as the other posts on the website. You can either contact us through the “Contact” tab on the website or email us at support[at]mecharithm.com.