In the previous lesson, we learned how to grab an object with our hands in virtual reality by using hand tracking.
In this lesson from the series of lessons on designing a VR robotics simulator, we will learn about user interface (UI) design in virtual reality (VR) and how to make a main menu for the robotics simulator using UI elements.
The contents of the entire course on developing a VR Robotics Simulator are as follows:
- Introduction to the Course (1/15)
- Install VR SDK (2/15)
- Simple VR Scene (3/15)
- Grab Objects with a Joystick (4/15)
- Grab Objects with Hand (5/15)
- UI in VR (6/15)
- Assemble a Robot in VR (7/15)
- Create a UGV Robot (8/15)
- Create a Quadcopter (9/15)
- Selection Menu for Robots (10/15)
- Optimizing the Scene (11/15)
- Install the Multiplayer SDK (12/15)
- Multiplayer Mode for Robots (13/15)
- Share Actions in the Network (14/15)
- Professor_Student Accesses (15/15)
[Important] VR Robotics Simulator’s Source Code:
The source code for the entire tutorials (from 1 to 15) can be downloaded HERE!
Watch the video version of the lesson:
If you enjoyed this post, please consider contributing to help us with our mission to make robotics and mechatronics available for everyone. We deeply thank you for your generous contribution!
Do not forget to contact us:
Be sure to let us know your thoughts and questions about this post, as well as the other posts on the website. You can either contact us through the “Contact” tab on the website or email us at support[at]mecharithm.com.
Send us your work/ research on Robotics and Mechatronics to have a chance to get featured in Mecharithm’s Robotics News/ Learning:
Follow Mecharithm in the following social media too: