YOLO, Your Own Living Object, is a Social Robot co-designed by children with the purpose of increasing their creativity through effective human-robot interaction.
This robot can act as a character during the storytelling procedure fostering creative storylines that cannot arise otherwise.
Watch a short video of this below:
- features a child-proof design
- can sense the kid’s touch and allows the kid to take complete control
- uses two techniques to stimulate creativity:
- contrast technique stimulates divergent thinking: YOLO gives opposite ideas
- mirror technique stimulates convergent thinking: YOLO elaborates on the same idea
- primary sensors used:
- touch sensors
- motion detection sensors
- supervised machine learning with the convex hull is used to determine the play patterns and make decision about which creativity technique to use
Thanks for reading this post. You can access more categorized news on Robotics and Mechatronics at the link below:
If you enjoyed this post, please consider contributing to help us with our mission to make robotics and mechatronics available for everyone. We deeply thank you for your generous contribution!
Do not forget to contact us:
Be sure to let us know your thoughts and questions about this post, as well as the other posts on the website. You can either contact us through the “Contact” tab on the website or email us at support[at]mecharithm.com.
Send us your work/ research on Robotics and Mechatronics to have a chance to get featured in Mecharithm’s Robotics News/ Learning.
Follow Mecharithm in the following social media too: