Another robot from Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation, Guardian® XT™, is an arm-mounted dexterous mobile robot controlled remotely by a human using a head-mounted display featuring augmented reality.
The main application is for any delicate task that is difficult to reach and unsafe for human workers, such as teleoperation of tools (for example, welding) and tele-inspections.
- the platform can be mounted on any mobile base depending on the application
- both arms can lift up to 200 lb
- SenSuit™ wearable controller provides the dexterous control of the arms as well as human-robot interaction
- Degrees of freedom: 7 DOFs for the arm/wrist and 2 DOFs for the torso
- Head Mounted Display (HMD) for the operator featuring augmented reality and built-in head tracking
Thanks for reading this post. You can access more categorized news on Robotics and Mechatronics at the link below:
If you enjoyed this post, please consider contributing to help us with our mission to make robotics and mechatronics available for everyone. We deeply thank you for your generous contribution!
Do not forget to contact us:
Be sure to let us know your thoughts and questions about this post, as well as the other posts on the website. You can either contact us through the “Contact” tab on the website or email us at support[at]mecharithm.com.
Send us your work/ research on Robotics and Mechatronics to have a chance to get featured in Mecharithm’s Robotics News/ Learning.
Follow Mecharithm in the following social media too: